2017 Region 5 Grant Program
Proposals accepted now!
The upcoming year holds many opportunities for ASCE. Region 5 is kicking off a new mini-grants programs to help your group promote ASCE. A short proposal and report is required for each grant request. Funding of up to $1,500 per projects is available.
Proposals will be accepted on an ongoing basis beginning December 12, 2016. The Region 5 Governors will evaluate grant proposals and select projects for FY17 funding. Applicants will be notified of the status of their proposals via email to Section/Branch presidents and treasurers within 60 days of application receipt.
Funding priority will be given to FY17 Region 5 initiatives and projects that are new programs for Sections and Branches that have a measurable impact on a desired audience. The Region recognizes that all Sections and Branches have different resources, needs and goals; it's the Region's goal that these funds will help make programs available to Sections and Branches that may not have the existing resources.
FY17 Region Initiatives for funding priority:
- Dream Big Programs
- MRLC/ASCE Leadership Training
- Student Member Transition
Click to download the 2017 Region 5 Grant Program Guidelines (pdf)
For questions or submittals, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Region 5 Awards Criteria
JUNE 1, 2017 EXTENDED to JULY 1, 2017
Region 5 is introducing a new Region 5 Awards program in 2017. The below categories are open for nomination:
- Region 5 Civil Engineer of the Year - awarded annually to one recipient to recognize outstanding achievements of a practicing Civil Engineer that is active within the Region.
- Region 5 Younger Civil Engineer of the Year - awarded annually to one recipient to recognize outstanding achievements of a practicing Civil Engineer, age 35 of less that is active within the Region.
- Region 5 Wall of Fame - a designation to honor Civil Engineers that have made a substantial contribution to ASCE, Region 5, and the Civil Engineering community. Nominations will be considered annually, with no more than 3 candidates selected for the honor in a given year.
Each award will be considered against the below criteria. Nominations should be a maximum of 5 pages.
- ASCE Involvement: ASCE activities during the past five years, including offices held and awards (20 Points).
- Professional/Technical Society Involvement: Other professional/technical society activities during the past five years, including offices held and awards (20 Points).
- Civic and Humanitarian Organization Involvement: Civic and humanitarian organization activities in during the past five years, including positions held (20 Points).
- Engineering Achievements: Submit narrative supporting nominee's project achievements (40 Points).
Click to download the 2017 Awards Nomination Form (.doc)
For questions or submittals, please contact email@example.com.
- Alabama Section
- Georgia Section
- Florida Section
- Louisiana Section
- Mississippi Section
- Puerto Rico Section