For more than 165 years, ASCE members have helped shape the world’s civil engineering profession. Region 1 is comprised of all the Sections and Branches within the states of New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont , New York and Maine in the USA; and provinces of Labrador, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec in Canada.
ASCE Purpose Statement for our Members' Careers:
"Help you matter more and enable you to make a bigger difference"
Region 1 Board of Governors shall be to assist, on a regional basis, the Society’s Board of Direction in governing the Society.
The Region 1 Board of Governors shall be comprised of seven (7) Region 1 Governors and the Region 1 Society Director who shall serve as Chair.
- Five (5) Region 1 Governors shall be elected and two (2) Region 1 Governors shall be appointed.
- Three (3) elected Governors shall be from large Sections
- Two (2) elected Governors shall be from medium/small Sections
- One (1) appointed Governor shall come from a medium/small Section.
- One (1) appointed Governor selected by the sitting Region 1 Board of Governors to meet the needs of the Region.
- No more than one (1) elected Governor shall come from any Section.
- No more than two (2) Governors shall be from the same Section.