Welcome to Region 5 Photos and Past Events Page
Region 5 Monthly Board Meeting Fun!
Region 5 Takes In The 2020 MRLC in Philadelphia, PA
On January 30, 2020 approximately 34 ASCE members from Region 5 attended the Region 5 Assembly in Philadelphia, PA. The assembly was led by Region 5 Director Peter Moore. The purpose of the assembly was to network with members within our region and to discuss region activities and topics. We were honored to have the following distinguished visitors at our assembly: ASCE President K.N. (Guna) Gunalan; ASCE Executive Director Tom Smith; and ASCE Director of Geographic Services Nancy Berson. Photo courtesy of Sarah Matin.
Region 5 Director Welcomes Puerto Rico to the Region
August 10, 2019 – San Juan, Puerto Rico - Region 5 Director, Peter Moore (right) welcomes newly installed Puerto Rico Section officers (from left) Edwin Vargas – Vice President, Carlos Torralbas – Treasurer, Hector Colon – President, and Yuan Calderon – Secretary.
Region 5 Grant Program Success
In 2017, Region 5 created a mini-grant program to provide funding assistance for projects undertaken by Sections and Branches within the Region. Funding priority was given to FY18 Region 5 initiatives and projects that were new programs for Sections and Branches that had a measurable impact on a desired audience. The Region 5 Grant Program goals have been to support Civil Engineering education and outreach opportunities and Section and Branch leadership development.
- East Central Branch of Central Florida, Florida Section - Dream Big Screening Event
- Tallahassee Branch, Florida Section - Dream Big Screening Event
- Montgomery Branch, Alabama Section – Networking event with Student Chapters and Younger Member leaders.
- Mississippi State University Student Chapter of ASCE in cooperation with the Mississippi Section of ASCE – Dream Big Screening Event
- Georgia Section - Dream Big Screening Event
- Palm Beach, Florida Section - Dream Big Screening Event
- Jackson Branch, Mississippi Section – Civil Engineering Landmark Dedication and Dream Big Screening Event
- Shreveport Branch, Louisiana Section – Civil Engineering outreach program
Region 5 Takes In The 2018 MRLC in Buffalo, NY
On February 10, 2018 approximately 30 ASCE members from Region 5 attended the Region 5 Assembly in Buffalo, NY. The assembly was led by Region 5 Director Peter Moore. The purpose of the assembly was to network with members within our region, discuss region activities and 'hot topics', and to disseminate region information. We were honored to have the following distinguished visitors at our assembly: ASCE President Kristina Swallow; ASCE President-Elect Robin Kemper; ASCE Executive Director Tom Smith; ASCE Staff Nancy Berson, Hannah Clark, and Daryl Morais; and past Region 5 Director Melissa Wheeler.