Each year, ASCE Region 9 presents Project and Individual Awards at the Annual ASCE Region 9 California Infrastructure Symposium and Awards Dinner. These Awards are selected from nominations made by the Sections, Branches, Younger Member Forum, Life Member Forum, Technical Groups, Committees, and individual members.
Nominated projects must be located within the boundaries of ASCE Region 9, being the State of California. The award submission shall be electronic and submitted through this web site or through one of the Section awards programs. Only nominatinos that have received an award from one of the four ASCE Sections in Region 9 (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sacramento or San Diego) are eligible for consideration. Nominations should include all pertinent information to provide the best possible description of the nominee or project. The Award Nominations become the property of ASCE Region 9 and may be publicized without further permission.
The Region 9 awards nominations period has ended for the 2016 awards. The awards presentations will be made on Friday March 31, 2017 at the California Infrastructure Symposium & Region 9 Awards Dinner ceremony to be held at the California Science Center in Los Angeles, California.
For further information or to register for the California Infrastructure Symposium and Awards Dinner event please visit http://cais17.org/
ASCE Region 9 Project Awards recognize outstanding Civil Engineering projects in California. Projects that received an award from one of the four ASCE Sections in Region 9 (Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Francisco, or San Diego Sections) are eligible for consideration for ASCE Region 9 Project Awards.
- Airports & Ports Project
- Architectural Engineering Project
- Bikeways & Trails Project
- Bridge Project
- Community Improvement Project
- Construction Project
- Energy Project
- Environmental Engineering Project
- Flood Management
- Geotechnical Project
- Historical Renovation Project
- Roadway & Highway Project
- Small Project
- Structural Engineering Project
- Sustainable Engineering Project
- Transportation Project
- Urban or Land Development Project
- Water Project
ASCE Region 9 Individual Awards recognize individuals for outstanding achievements or leadership in civil engineering, or who through their work, support and advance the profession. Individuals that received an award from one of the four ASCE Sections in Region 9 (Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Francisco, or San Diego Sections) are eligible for consideration for ASCE Region 9 Individual Awards.
- Outstanding Civil Engineer in the Public Sector
- Outstanding Civil Engineer in the Private Sector
- Outstanding Civil Engineer in Community Service
- Outstanding Civil Engineer in Legislative Activities
- Outstanding ASCE Section Officer
- Outstanding ASCE Branch Officer
- Outstanding ASCE YMF Officer
- Outstanding ASCE Practitioner Advisor
- Outstanding ASCE Faculty Advisor
- Outstanding ASCE Life Member
- Outstanding Younger Civil Engineer
- Outstanding Civil Engineering Student
- State Legislator of the Year
- Excellence in Journalism
- Lifetime Achievement Award