Welcome to the Leader Training Committee’s Website!
The Leader Training Committee’s (LTC) goal is to give our ASCE local leaders the resources and training needed to successfully implement programs and serve their constituents. The Committee also provides training to incoming committee chairs, providing the tools to successfully plan and lead their committees.
LTC primarily oversees the Presidents and Governors Forum (PGF), the Multi Region Leadership Conferences (MRLC’s), and the Region Governor’s Orientation. We also host a number of webinars and conference calls for geographic leaders. We provide leadership training on many levels as follows:
- Leadership 101 – MRLC’s
- Provide a basic introduction to ASCE leadership.
- Provide an overview of ASCE programs and a greater concentration on leadership training.
- Joint sessions and networking scheduled among WSBL/YMC/Student Chapters
- Leadership 201 –Governors / Section and Branch Leaders Training
- Focuses on Governors and Section and Branch leaders.
- Conference calls and webinars sharing resources and Best Practices, allowing leaders to discuss their issues, concerns, and ideas. (see list below)
- Revitalizing dormant Sections and Branches.
- Leadership 301 – PGF
- Gives incoming Presidents and Governors the resources and training needed to successfully implement programs and serve the constituents.
- Focus on helping incoming presidents formulate obtainable goals and set a plan for successful implementation.
- Provides training to incoming committee chairs to give them the information to successfully plan and lead their committees.
On this website, you’ll find links to resources, webinars, and upcoming events.
All members of the committee along with our corresponding members, are tireless volunteers that help run these many programs along with the Geographic Services staff.
We are always receptive to developing new training programs and resources. Please contact me at any time to share these ideas or if you would like more information about our programs. Thanks for all that you do for ASCE and the profession
Don Wittmer, P.E., M.ASCE
Chair, ASCE Leader Training Committee
Group Photo from LTC Committee Meeting Summer 2017 in Portland, ME
Portland Head Light (ASCE National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark)